"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home" (Twyla Tharp)

Life goes on ....




 I wanted to send a big thank you to all my friends on FB and here supporting my blog.  When you know so many are thinking of you and hoping things get better each day it helps us to look towards the future.  Our family is gaining confidence each day and in complete admiration of our son for his strength, wisdom and incredibly positive attitude.  One of my friends posted this quote which I would like to share:


"Look for the dream that keeps coming back.  It is your destiny."  
- Orison S. Marde





 A lovely surprise came in the mail ... my invitation to the Society of Botanical Artists Botanical Celebration - the Annual Open Exhibition being held at Westminster Central Hall in London.  This event coincides with the annual Mid-Course Seminar being held for international students of the Distance Learning Diploma Course.   Many plans have been made towards attending this event and the seminar - and we are keeping fingers crossed that we can still make it.  One of my artworks - Assignment 5:  Composition -  has been selected to be shown in the DLDC exhibit and it would be quite a moment for me to see my first piece on display!  The link below takes you to further details about Botanical Celebration 2012 ...



The artwork chosen to be shown


If I have any chance of getting there I will be working well ahead both with business and all the usual household responsibilities.  However the SBA still requires the next assignment - the Botanical Illustration - to be produced on time - exhibitions, seminars, anniversaries, notwithstanding!    I have no clue how I will manage  - there is not enough time before I leave, and too little on my return ... so I am doing it in chunks to try and make it happen.   I have chosen a Protea to make life a little easier as these flowering plants don't move and change too quickly and hopefully will be kind to me so I can do all the stages of sketches, composition, colour studies and dissections and then somehow manage to bring it all together ...


My Protea being set up

What a production!

In the meantime I pray health and happiness to everyone and especially within this family as it's been a tough road lately.  We could do with some magical moments and I know there will be plenty up ahead.  Another quote to end on .. so many wise words out there!

"Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy" 
- Leo Buscaglia

Thank you everyone for your support, love and good wishes and prayers.



6 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you all! I do hope you'll be able to come to the seminar Vicki, and to the exhibition. I am looking forward to see your picture there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, sending my love to you and your wonderful family. All will be well. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that all is getting better and you are forging ahead with the course- and I really like the Protea as the illustration assignment.
    I must remember these quotes too,very wise.
    Lots of love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad everything worked out good...love your Protea setup, but you burst my bubble...:-)) Thought you only find them in the Western Cape....Good luck...ina

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear that everything is 'getting there'. Looking forward to seeing you at the seminar, love and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Alena, Jac, Claire, Ina and Jarnie .... all is looking better every day .... very blessed xxx

    ReplyDelete