"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home" (Twyla Tharp)

Tenacity....

Tree planting alongside the Yarra River


On a recent trip to Melbourne I was amazed to see how nature persists even in the most challenging environments. 

In the web definition tenacity is defined as 'doggedness: persistent determination.'
It seems for me, thankfully,   a trait I am utilising to its full extent.
 Have spent the last few weeks wading through office work and the dreary day to day 'must-do's' that threaten to extinguish any creative urges.



With an assignment looming however,  it is always in the back of my mind to see what's on offer in the world of plants and flowers ... what a lovely way to get side tracked from the usual responsibilities.


I also reflect on our recent trip to see the wildflowers and the memories evoked from heading back home - it's my dear father's birthday today and when I think of Dad, as for all my family, I think of the country and all its blessings.




Back to the drawing board for now though ... on our return drive from the wildflower trip we kept spotting a bright purple coloured shrub which caught our attention for its ability to thrive in the most difficult circumstances .... a very tenacious plant!


My current assignment calls for a composition of stems of a flowering plant and as usual I've chosen these stunningly difficult flowers to portray ... for now have been colour testing and sketching and hoping I can bring it all together before all the blooms drop off!

4 comments:

  1. This looks interesting Vicki... Can't wait to see the finished thing! I really admire how you keep the paints so transparent and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will make a lovely job, the flower is a wonderful shade of blue. Look forward to seeing it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your photographs Vicki :) Best of luck with your assignment - it looks very promising - lovely colour and form...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jess, Milly and Hedera ... I am not far off finishing and will post the artwork soon.

    ReplyDelete