"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home" (Twyla Tharp)

Fruits of my labour ...


I returned to the Botanical Art School of Melbourne six months later after doing quite a bit of painting at home, struggling with the very difficult technique and finite detail. This time I returned for two weeks of classes - the first week learning all about how to paint leaves and the second week we painted persimmons, a fruit I was not familiar with. I really enjoyed painting the persimmon - and actually managed to finish the artwork and have it framed before returning home!



© Vicki Lee Johnston

I learnt a lot more about making something two dimension look rounded, reflected light, how to mix beautiful oranges with reds and yellows and enjoyed painting a subject that didn't change with every day.  Fruit, berries, seeds, nuts etc are a great way to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment